Fire hose reels are located at strategic points in the building to provide a reasonably accessible and controlled supply of water (or other fire retardant) for extinguishing fires.
Having your fire hose reels serviced and maintained regularly ensures they are in good condition for fighting fire as and when required. Inspections also highlight any damage to the unit if it has been tampered with or misused.
What areas do we cover for Fire Hose Reels?
Total Safe offer testing, repairs and maintenance of fire hoses in accordance with BS 5306 throughout the South East. This includes a full inspection of the hose, valves, re-wind, nozzles and a pressure and flow test.
What should you expect to happen during the service?
Fire Hose Reels should be tested annually to comply with current standards. During testing, our highly trained engineers will conduct a Flow and Pressure test. The procedure involves:
- A full inspection of the hose, valves, re-wind and nozzles
- Hose reels are fully unwound to check the condition of the hose and valves/nozzles
- Pressure Test: the equipment is filled with water and pressurised. We inspect for any leaks to determine the integrity of the reel and hose
- Flow Test: the flow rate of the water delivered by the hose is tested with a flow meter to ensure that it can deliver water at the required rate
- We advise our clients if any repairs or maintenance is required and why
- The findings from the Flow and Pressure test will be recorded on a service label and attached to the reel itself because it is easy to locate going forwards
- A certificate of inspection is completed and supplied (if required) to prove the hose reel has been tested in line with current standard BS-EN-671/3
- At the end of the service, the hose reel is cleaned thoroughly and rewound
Fire Hoses also need to be pressure tested every 5 years. This is to ensure the integrity of the unit, should it be needed in an emergency situation. We use specialist equipment that allows us to pressurize each unit to its maximum working pressure.
Our engineers are always well equipped with a good supply of spares, so, upon discovering any failures, we can often find a speedy resolution.
Did you know that we can inspect your hose reels at the same time as your extinguisher service? Contact Total Safe UK today to find out more!